Keys to Success in the GYM- 1st 90 Days
Dustin Holston’s Keys to Success in the GYM
(Originally written for yahoo.com)
- No more than 20 minutes of continuous cardio a day
- No more than 5 days a week
- Push yourself, don’t hurt yourself
- 6 packs are made in the kitchen
- Count your calories
- Reflect weekly on your nutrition
- Weigh yourself only once a week at the same exact time
- High Protein diets are the best.
- High intensity 40 minute workouts 3-5 times a week
- Don’t rest long, burn fat while lifting weights.
- Women and men of all levels should lift weights
- Set Weight Loss and Strength Goals! I suggest people shooting for 1-2 pounds of fat loss a week. Don’t expect to get skinny overnight, or bench 300 pounds in a month!
- Sit ups don’t make you skinny! You may not believe me, but there is no science that shows concentrating on a certain area will burn fat from that particular area. Cardio and working out will burn fat throughout the body, and will give you those abs you want before any sit up would!
- Supplements are great, but you should utilize supplements based on facts and not fads. I work and am fueled by 1st Phorm Supplements. Get free shipping @ 1stphorm.com/nutritiontrain. Eating more lean protein (protein drinks, chicken breast, fish, etc.) can go a long way early on.
- Meal Replacement Proteins like Level-1 taste great, helps you save money, and replaces high calorie expensive meals. Click here to order!
- The Bliss Go Pack/Commander Go Pack from 1st Phorm will help you speed up your metabolism, sleep better, and shred fat. Click here to order!
- Calories out > Calories in: The formula for losing weight is simple. You need to burn more calories than you eat. If you do this for an extended amount of time, you will see weight loss.
- Great Cardio, Great Nutrition, Bad/No workouts with weights- You will lose weight, but your lean muscle frame is what creates the sexy look everyone wants.
- Bad Cardio, Great Nutrition, Great workouts with weights- You may or may not lose much weight, you will look and feel better, but you will still hold undesired fat.
- Great Cardio, Great workouts with weights, bad nutrition- You may or may not lose any weight. You may or may not look or feel better.
- Conclusion: Get right with the trifecta- Cardio, Nutrition, and workouts!
Questions or comments?
Certified Personal Trainer/Sports Nutritionist
Interested in transforming to the best you can be?
Nutrition and Personal Training is available!