Healthy Meals at Fast Food Restaurants
Did you forget your lunch at home? Are you like many of us who are trying to lose weight and meal prep for the week to ensure we get healthy lunch alternatives? If you are in a pinch, here are some better than expected choices for lunch.
Keeping a bottle of 1st Phorm Level-1 at the office:
1st Phorm Level-1 Protein is a complete meal in shake form. It tastes amazing and mixes instantly with water or almond milk (my personal favorite). At only $1.67 a serving and 25 grams of protein, you cannot lose with Level-1.
Order now w/free shipping: http://bit.ly/28TsWbh
Subway has a ton of healthy options for lunch, however there are some dangers lurking.
- Grilled Chicken Chop Salad, extra spinach, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, NO CHEESE, NO DRESSINGS other than Oil and Vinegar. 20 grams of protein, 200 calories, less than $10 with water/diet coke.
- 6 inch turkey on whole wheat or other bread. No dressings, all the veggies you want. 300 calories, 18 grams of protein. $6-$7 with water/diet coke
Chic-fil-A has one of the best options out there for a high protein low calorie meal, however many of the fried foods from Chic-fil-A can add inches to your waist.
- 8 Pack Grilled Nuggets + Greek Yogurt Parfait: 300 Calories, 31 grams of protein. Under $10 with a diet coke/water.
Or skip the Greek Yogurt and stick with the Grilled Nuggets.
If you eat chili, it’s super easy and cheap to eat healthy at Wendy’s.
- Large Chili and Diet Coke is only 310 calories, 10 grams of fiber, and 26 grams of protein!
Panera has several healthy choices if you stay away dressings and prevent yourself from going overboard with the bread.
- Bowl of Turkey Chili is only 260 calories and 17 grams of protein!
There are actually some healthy alternatives at McDonalds.
- Hamburger Happy Meal has 390 calories if you stick to water.
- Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich without dressing is only 360 calories and 37 grams of protein.
Taco Bell Power Menu Bowl:
Taco bell has many healthy alternatives, however the power menu bowl may be my favorite splurge.
- Power Menu Bowl: If you go with sour cream, no ranch sauce, and no cheese it should be under 400 calories with a ton of protein!
You can eat healthy without cooking, however it is expensive and the temptation is there to really binge. With the above choices you can eat well without over-boarding on carbs, fat, and calories.
Do you have a recipe to share? Share it below!
Eat healthy my friends,