How to Properly Plan A Successful Weight Loss
So you have decided that you want to lose weight! Congrats! Maybe it is because of a So you 30 day weight loss challenge, or maybe it is because you want to not be out of breath chasing your yougins’ around the house. Whatever the reason I want to congratulate you for deciding to put your healthy first and concentrating on making a better you. I am going to share with you how to succeed at weight loss so that you don’t become one of the millions that try it for a week or two and become discouraged and quit.
Proper Planning Makes Better Performance:
If your goal is to lose weight and totally change your life, this is what you must do:
- Get your household involved. If you have a significant other or kids that are not participating then it will be extremely difficult for you to succeed. You need to motivate them to also get healthy. Have a competition. It isn’t going to hurt your child to eat healthier and lose a little weight if they are unhealthy. There are plenty of healthy recipes that are low calorie that are delicious.
- Throw away the garbage (unhealthy foods). If you have unhealthy food options in the house, you will be tempted.
- No soda with sugar. If you have to have soda, convert to diet, but you should drink water.
- Meal Planning makes your life easier. Do not try to diet without planning all your meals in advance. 1st Phorm Level-1 Protein is a great meal replacement protein that is great for breakfast or lunch! Crock pot meals will also make your life easier!
- Have an obtainable goal. Losing 50 pounds in a month isn’t going to happen, nor would it be healthy. If you are under 200 pounds, you should try to lose 1-3 pounds per week. If you are over 200 pounds, you should try to lose 1-5 pounds per week. You should set a goal for 1 month weight loss, 3 months of weight loss, 6 months of weight loss, and 12 months of weight loss. Push yourself to hit each goal, and if you don’t hit those goals, reevaluate and reset those goals.
- How are you going to lose the weight? The weight isn’t going to just lose itself! You need two things to maximize weight loss. A. Meal plan (nutrition plan, or diet). B. Exercise Program.
- How many calories should I eat if I want to lose weight? I suggest you calculate your BMR. http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ The Basal Metabolic Rate is the amount of calories your body needs (at rest) to maintain current weight. If you eat less than this, you will lose weight (typically).
- So you know your BMR, how do I make a meal plan? Check out my sample meal plans by calories: https://cardioandweights.com/sample-meal-plans/. You can replace meats and vegetables with other healthy choices.
- You need an exercise plan. Do you belong to a gym? If so check out this sample 3 day a week workout I created: https://cardioandweights.com/3-day-workout/ . Need something more advanced? Here is a 5 day workout schedule: https://cardioandweights.com/2015-fall-workout-schedule/ If you are unable to go to a gym, here is an at home workout plan: https://cardioandweights.com/do-it-at-home-workout/
What about Supplements?
Supplements can help you achieve greater goals, but they are not miracles. Here are some supplements that I recommend. If you order through link provided, you will receive free shipping!
M-Factor Hero or Goddess Multivitamin: The perfect multivitamin for weight loss and overall health. These capsules provide necessary vitamins, minerals, and herbs to help you succeed. https://1stphorm.com/a/products/multi-vitamins/mens/m-factor?a_aid=NutritionTrain
Level-1 Meal Replacement Protein: Do you work a stressful job or have trouble finding healthy meal choices for breakfast, lunch, and snacks? Level-1 Protein is a delicious shake that provides a quality meal with only 140 calories and 24 grams of protein that keeps you full and keeps your metabolism churning. I drink one with a banana each morning to keep me full, and at only $1.67 per meal, a lot cheaper and healthier than McDonalds. https://1stphorm.com/a/NutritionTrain/5a474429
Royal Queen has been replaced with 1-DB Goddess!or King System! : The Royal Queen has been replaced with 1-DB Goddess!or King System are two of the most researched and proven fat burners on the market. What makes them different? 1st Phorm realizes that men and woman are built differently and need different vitamins, minerals, and other products to lose weight. Each are created to be maximally effective for each gender. They also burn fat 24 hours a day with three different products. Royal King/Queen are stimulant fat burners that control appetite and burn fat. T-21 helps you optimize hormone levels to burn fat faster. C-21 helps you sleep better and reduces cortisol. Combined these products will help you lose weight fast.
Royal Queen has been replaced with 1-DB Goddess!System: https://1stphorm.com/a/products/royal-21-queen-system?a_aid=nutritiontrain
Fish Oil: Fish Oil helps keep your heart healthy, reduce inflammation, weight loss, and more. I suggest Full Mega from 1st Phorm for the highest quality of fish oil. https://1stphorm.com/a/products/health-wellness/fish-oil/full-mega?a_aid=NutritionTrain
Other items: Pre Workout (MegaWatt V2), Joint Support, and the Post Workout Stack can also be useful.
Thank you for reading and good luck with your weight loss!
Personal Trainer and Sports Nutritionist