The 2015 Mr. Olympia was held over the weekend of 9/18-9/20, 2015. Competitors from all over the world fought hard to take home one of the top prizes at the 2015 Mr. Olympia. We will focus on the Open Mr. Olympia now!
1. Phil Heath- Winner at 5 Time Champ. Not dominant.
3. Shawn Rhoden- Was in 2nd in Pre-judging, faded. Lacked his usual crispness.
4. Dennis Wolf- Was in 3rd in Pre-judging, faded. Conditioning was amazing.
5. Big Ramy- 316 pounds of muscle. Big Ramy needed to drop another 15-20 pounds for added
6. Branch Warren- Branch moved past Roelly on the second day. Grainy.
7. Roelly Winklaar- Moved down a spot on day 2. Looked better in 2015 than 2014.
8. William Bonac- 1st top 10 placing in Mr. Olympia. Should have been placed higher.
9. Victor Martinez- Moved up a spot on day two. Was gifted a top 10.
10. Essa Obaid – Was in 9th after day 1, faded.
Phil Heath: Phil wasn’t dominant, but did just enough to win.
Dexter Jackson: Dexter defied age. Part of me had him winning.
Shawn Rhoden: Shawn took the year off to focus on Mr. Olympia. Added a lot of size but conditioning suffered.
Dennis Wolf: Conditioning was insane, but showed flaws.
Big Ramy: 316 pounds of muscle. Has the size but lacks conditioning and separation.
William Bonac: William was one of my dark horses. He looked fantastic!
Branch Warren: Branch is Branch. Branch is gnarly with a ton of muscle and the best conditioning on stage.
Essa Obaid: Big and freaky. Looked great!
Roelly Winklaar: Roelly looked better this year but his conditioning and abs aren’t quite where they need to be.
Maxx Charles: Maxx is thick. Should have placed above Victor Martinez.
- If I hear one more “expert” say that Branch Warren needs to retire… Branch was 6th in the world. Bodybuilding is scored on muscle, symmetry, and conditioning. Branch is the most conditioned athlete on stage and holds a ton of muscle. No one thinks he should win, but he deserved his placing.
- Victor received a gift. Age is catching up to Victor, and although he is among the best bodybuilders of the 2000’s, he is starting to fade quickly.
- Phil Heath should have won, but just barely. The muscle was there, but he lacked separation and conditioning from the front. He won because of his back.
- Dallas McCarver was a pleasant surprise and looked great! Needs a lot more size especially in the back.
- Steve Kuclo was the biggest disappointment. Steve placed in the top 10 last year and many people thought he was going to move up from there. Instead he tied for last.
- Big Ramy doesn’t need anymore size. Big Ramy knows it, the fans know it, the experts know it, but George Farah decided a 316 pound Ramy would be better than a ripped and shredded Ramy. I love George, but George was wrong.
Like my opinion? Hate my opinion? Sound off below!
Lift Heavy My Friends,