How to get Binge Weight Off… FAST!
Whenever I work with a new client, I have them follow this simple principal immediately to get the binge weight off!
What is Binge Weight?
I call “binge weight” the excess amount of weight gained after binge eating and drinking, typically over a weekend, however if you haven’t started your diet yet, these tools will help you drop a large amount of weight associated with surplus glycogen and water!
Say you are watching a game at a friends house. You eat pizza, chips, dip, throw back some brews, and have a great time. You step on the scale the next morning and you are up 6 pounds. How is this even possible. BINGE WEIGHT.
Did you know that each gram of carbohydrates that you consume has to have 3 grams of water? If you would splurge on 1000 grams of carbs, you would gain an additional 3000 grams of water. That is roughly 8.8 pounds of weight gained in just one day.
Binge eating also causes increased sodium retention. This sodium can be dangerous for your health if not treated. Sodium can cause water retention, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular issues!
Luckily this kind of weight is easy to diagnose and treat if you follow these rules.
How to Drop Binge Weight Fast!
- Drink Water: Drink a minimum of 128 ounces of water the day after a binge. Water flushes out water retention. If your body has ample water, it doesn’t hold onto it. If it doesn’t have ample water, it holds onto it. You are basically a camel when you binge eat.
- Go Low Carb for a few days: Since you are trying to rid extra water weight, when going low carb your body rids glycogen and excess water! Try to stay around 100 grams of carbs.
- Potassium: Potassium flushes sodium. Pork, Beef, and other meats are excellent sources of potassium. You can also pair this with great sources of potassium like squash, broccoli, and peas.
- Workout HARD: When working out, your body will use glycogen stores that are in your muscle cells as energy. The best way to do this is to lift weights or participate in some HIIT exercises. Free workouts!
- Supplements: Supplements like 1st Phorm’s Royal 21 King and Queen System, Opti-Greens50, Micro Factor, or Level-1 will help you lean out, help with digestion, and get rid of excess water.
It is not uncommon to lose 5-10 pounds of “binge weight” in a week when you follow this program.
Thank you for reading How to get Binge Weight Off… FAST!
Personal Trainer/Sports Nutritionist